Trade Terms of Sale
We reserve the right to alter any details or design of the products illustrated in this catalogue without notice, and whilst we endeavour to describe and display goods accurately, no warranty is given as to accuracy and no responsibility will be accepted for mis-description and any resulting loss. T’s & C’s Apply to all orders.
The Buyer's attention is in particular drawn to the provisions of conditions 8.7, 8.8 and 10.4
- The definitions and rules of interpretation in this condition apply in these conditions.
- Buyer: the person, firm or company who purchases the Goods from Navboys Ltd.
- Navboys Ltd, Treetops, Bible Fields, Dummer, Basingstoke RG25 7AN (Company no. 8412621, VAT no. 157 7681 66). Miniprop.co.uk is a trading name of Navboys Ltd
- Contract: any contract between Navboys Ltd and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of the Goods, incorporating these conditions.
- Delivery Point: the place where delivery of the Goods is to take place under condition.
- Goods: any goods agreed in the Contract to be supplied to the Buyer by Navboys Ltd (including www.navboys.com, www.miniprop.co.uk part or parts of them).
- Websites: www.navboys.com and miniprop.co.uk
- A reference to a particular law is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being taking account of any amendment, extension, application or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation for the time being in force made under it.
- Words in the singular include the plural and in the plural include the singular.
- A reference to one gender includes a reference to the other gender.
- Condition headings do not affect the interpretation of these conditions.
2.Application of Terms
- Subject to any variation under condition 2.3 the Contract shall be on these conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any terms or conditions which the Buyer purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document).
- No terms or conditions endorsed on, delivered with or contained in the Buyer's purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document shall form part of the Contract simply as a result of such document being referred to in the Contract.
- These conditions apply to all Navboys Ltd sales and any variation to these conditions and any representations about the Goods shall have no effect unless expressly agreed in writing and signed by the Managing Director of Navboys Ltd.
- The Buyer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of Navboys Ltd which is not set out in the Contract.
- Nothing in this condition shall exclude or limit Navboys Ltd liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Each order or acceptance of a quotation for Goods by the Buyer from Navboys Ltd shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to buy Goods subject to these conditions. No order placed by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by Navboys Ltd until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by Navboys Ltd or (if earlier) Navboys Ltd delivers the Goods to the Buyer. The Buyer shall ensure that the terms of its order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate.
- Any quotation, whether on the Website, in the catalogue or over the telephone, is given on the basis that no Contract shall come into existence until Navboys Ltd despatches an acknowledgement of order to the Buyer.
- The quantity and description of the Goods shall be as set out in Navboys Ltd quotation or acknowledgement of order.
- All samples, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued by Navboys Ltd and any descriptions or illustrations contained in Navboys Ltd’s catalogues or brochures are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods described in them. They shall not form part of the Contract and this is not a sale by sample.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Navboys Ltd, delivery of the Goods shall take place as follows:
- if the Goods are being despatched from Navboys Ltd place of business in the United Kingdom and are being delivered to the Buyer by Navboys Ltd’s appointed carrier, delivery of the Goods shall take place on their arrival at the Buyer's designated place of delivery; and
- If the Goods are being despatched from a foreign territory, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the time of lading in that territory.
- Any dates specified by Navboys Ltd for delivery of the Goods are intended to be an estimate and time for delivery shall not be made of the essence by notice. If no dates are so specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time.
- Subject to the other provisions of these conditions Navboys Ltd shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods (even if caused by Navboys Ltd’s negligence), nor shall any delay entitle the Buyer to terminate or rescind the Contract unless such delay exceeds 180 days.
- If for any reason the Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods when they are ready for delivery, or Navboys Ltd is unable to deliver the Goods on time because the Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorisations:
- risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer (including for loss or damage caused by Navboys Ltd’s negligence);
- the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and
- Navboys Ltd may store the Goods until delivery, whereupon the Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
- Where the Buyer wishes to collect the Goods, the Buyer shall provide at the Delivery Point and at its expense adequate and appropriate equipment and manual labour for loading the Goods.
- If Navboys Ltd delivers to the Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to 10% more or less than the quantity accepted by Navboys Ltd, the Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such goods at the pro rata Contract rate.
- Navboys Ltd may deliver the Goods by separate instalments. Each separate instalment shall be invoiced and paid for in accordance with the provisions of the Contract.
- Each instalment shall be a separate Contract and no cancellation or termination of any one Contract relating to an instalment shall entitle the Buyer to repudiate or cancel any other Contract or instalment.
- The quantity of any consignment of Goods as recorded by Navboys Ltd on dispatch from Navboys Ltd place of business (or such other place of dispatch as agreed by Navboys Ltd) shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Buyer on delivery unless the Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
- Navboys Ltd shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Navboys Ltd’s negligence) unless the Buyer gives written notice to Navboys Ltd of the non-delivery within 7 days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
- Any liability of Navboys Ltd for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contract rate against any invoice raised for such Goods.
- Navboys Ltd does not operate a sale or return policy.
- The Goods are at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until Navboys Ltd has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
- the Goods; and
- All other sums which are or which become due to Navboys Ltd from the Buyer on any account.
- Until ownership of the Goods has passed to the Buyer, the Buyer shall:
- hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as Navboys Ltd’s bailee;
- store the Goods (at no cost to Navboys Ltd) separately from all other goods of the Buyer or any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as Navboys Ltd property;
- not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods;
- Maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured on Navboys Ltd behalf for their full price against all risks to the reasonable satisfaction of Navboys Ltd. On request the Buyer shall produce the policy of insurance to Navboys Ltd; and remain liable to Navboys Ltd for the Goods or, if the same shall be sold by the Buyer in accordance with condition 6.5 of these conditions, for all of the proceeds, tangible and intangible, of the Buyer's sale of the Goods.
- The Buyer may resell the Goods before ownership has passed to it solely on the following conditions:
- any sale shall be effected in the ordinary course of the Buyer's business at full market value;
- any such sale shall be a sale of Navboys Ltd property on the Buyer's own behalf and the Buyer shall deal as principal when making such a sale without creating any relationship, disclosed or undisclosed, between Navboys Ltd and any customer of the Buyer; and
- The proceeds of any such sale shall be paid into a bank account in the name of and under the control of the Buyer which is separate from all other bank accounts and other monies and assets of the Buyer and any third parties.
- The Buyer's right to possession of the Goods and the Buyer's right to resell the Goods before ownership has passed to it shall terminate immediately if:
- the Buyer has a bankruptcy order made against him or makes an arrangement or composition with his creditors, or
- otherwise takes the benefit of any statutory provision for the time being in force for the relief of insolvent debtors, or
- (being a body corporate) convenes a meeting of creditors (whether formal or informal), or
- enters into liquidation (whether voluntary or compulsory) except a solvent voluntary liquidation for the purpose only of reconstruction or amalgamation, or
- has a receiver and/or manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed of its undertaking or any part thereof, or
- documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator of the Buyer or notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by the Buyer or its directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in paragraph 14 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986), or
- a resolution is passed or a petition presented to any court for the winding-up of the Buyer or for the granting of an administration order in respect of the Buyer, or
- any proceedings are commenced relating to the insolvency or possible insolvency of the Buyer;
- the Buyer suffers or allows any execution, whether legal or equitable, to be levied on his/its property or obtained against him/it,
- fails to observe or perform any of his/its obligations under the Contract or any other contract between Navboys Ltd and the Buyer,
- is unable to pay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- the Buyer ceases to trade;
- the Buyer encumbers or in any way charges any of the Goods;
- the Buyer defaults on payment to Navboys Ltd for any Goods.
- Navboys Ltd shall be entitled to recover payment for the Goods notwithstanding that ownership of any of the Goods has not passed from Navboys Ltd.
- The Buyer grants Navboys Ltd, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the Goods are or may be stored in order to inspect them, or, where the Buyer's right to possession has terminated, to recover them. Navboys Ltd shall be entitled to charge a handling and administration fee in respect of the recovery of Goods pursuant to this condition of no more than 25% of the original invoice price due for such Goods.
- Where Navboys Ltd is unable to determine whether any Goods are the goods in respect of which the Buyer's right to possession has terminated, the Buyer shall be deemed to have sold all goods of the kind sold by Navboys Ltd to the Buyer in the order in which they were invoiced to the Buyer.
- On termination of the Contract, howsoever caused, Navboys Ltd (but not the Buyer's) rights contained in this condition 6 shall remain in effect.
- Unless otherwise agreed by Navboys Ltd in writing, the price for the Goods shall be the price set out in Navboys Ltd price list (whether contained in the catalogue or at the Website) published on the date of delivery or deemed delivery.
- The price for the Goods shall be exclusive of any value added tax and all costs or charges in relation to packaging, loading, unloading, carriage and insurance, all of which amounts the Buyer shall pay in addition when it is due to pay for the Goods.
- All Goods must be paid for when the order is placed unless the Buyer has credit terms with Navboys Ltd, in which case condition 8.2 shall apply.
- Navboys Ltd may in its absolute discretion, and subject to credit assessment, grant credit terms to the Buyer where the Buyer asks for a line of credit (subject to details). If such credit terms are granted by Navboys Ltd to the Buyer, all Goods subject to such credit terms must be paid for in full by the 30th day of the month following the date of the relevant invoice (the "Due Date").
- Time for payment shall be of the essence.
- No payment shall be deemed to have been received until Navboys Ltd has received cleared funds.
- All payments payable to Navboys Ltd under the Contract shall become due immediately on its termination despite any other provision.
- The Buyer shall make all payments due under the Contract in full without any deduction whether by way of set-off, counterclaim, discount, abatement or otherwise unless the Buyer has a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by Navboys Ltd to the Buyer.
- If the Buyer fails to pay Navboys Ltd any sum due pursuant to the Contract, the Buyer shall be liable to pay interest to Navboys Ltd on such sum or any outstanding sum from the fifth day of the month following the Due Date at the monthly rate of 5%, calculated on a monthly basis, whether before or after any judgement.
- Navboys Ltd reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended.
- Where Navboys Ltd is not the manufacturer of the Goods, Navboys Ltd shall endeavour to transfer to the Buyer the benefit of any warranty, guarantee or similar statement given to Navboys Ltd.
- Navboys Ltd warrants that (subject to the other provisions of these conditions) on delivery and, unless otherwise notified to the Buyer by Navboys Ltd in writing or by such other means including but not limited to product packaging, for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery, the Goods shall be:
- of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which the Goods are being bought if the Buyer had made known that purpose to Navboys Ltd in writing and Navboys Ltd has confirmed in writing that it is reasonable for the Buyer to rely on the skill and judgement of Navboys Ltd.
- Navboys Ltd shall not be liable for a breach of any of the warranties in condition 9.2 unless:
- the Buyer gives written notice of the defect to Navboys Ltd by completing Navboys Ltd authorisation form which is available from Navboys Ltd Credit and Returns Department (the "Authorisation Form") and the Authorisation Form is approved by Navboys Ltd; or
- if the defect is as a result of damage in transit to the Buyer or Navboys Ltd has despatched the incorrect Goods, the Buyer gives written notice of the defect to Navboys Ltd by completing and returning the Authorisation Form within 7 days of receipt of the Goods and the Authorisation Form is approved by Navboys Ltd; and
- Navboys Ltd is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining such Goods and the Buyer (if asked to do so by Navboys Ltd) returns such Goods to Navboys Ltd’s place of business at Navboys Ltd’s cost for the examination to take place there.
- Navboys Ltd shall not be liable for a breach of any of the warranties in condition 9.2 if:
- the Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice;
- the defect arises because the Buyer failed to follow Navboys Ltd oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods or (if there are none) good trade practice;
- the Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the written consent of Navboys Ltd.
- Subject to condition 9.3 and condition 9.4, if any of the Goods do not conform with any of the warranties in condition 9.2 Navboys Ltd shall at its option repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata Contract rate provided that, if Navboys Ltd so requests, the Buyer shall, at Navboys Ltd expense, return the Goods or the part of such Goods which is defective to Navboys Ltd.
- If Navboys Ltd complies with condition 9.5 it shall have no further liability for a breach of any of the warranties in condition 9.2 in respect of such Goods.
- Any Goods replaced shall belong to Navboys Ltd and any repaired or replacement Goods shall be guaranteed on these terms for the unexpired portion of the 12-month period or such other period as has been notified to the Buyer in accordance with condition 9.2 of these conditions.
10.Limitation of Liability
- Subject to condition 4, condition 5 and condition 9, the following provisions set out the entire financial liability of Navboys Ltd (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to the Buyer in respect of:
- any breach of these conditions;
- any use made or resale by the Buyer of any of the Goods, or of any product incorporating any of the Goods; and
- Any representation, statement or tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the Contract.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Navboys Ltd:
- for death or personal injury caused by Navboys Ltd negligence;
- under section 2(3), Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- for any matter which it would be illegal for Navboys Ltd to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to condition 10.2 and condition 10.3:
- Navboys Ltd total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract shall be limited to the Contract price;
- Navboys Ltd shall not be liable to the Buyer for loss of profit, loss of business, or depletion of goodwill in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with the Contract.
- Navboys Ltd may assign the Contract or any part of it to any person, firm or company.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to assign the Contract or any part of it without the prior written consent of Navboys Ltd.
- Navboys Ltd reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the Contract or reduce the volume of the Goods ordered by the Buyer (without liability to the Buyer) if it is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of its business due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Navboys Ltd including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party's workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, provided that, if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of 14 days, the Buyer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to Navboys Ltd to terminate the Contract.
- Each right or remedy of Navboys Ltd under the Contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of Navboys Ltd whether under the Contract or not.
- If any provision of the Contract is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the Contract and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- Failure or delay by Navboys Ltd in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the Contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under the Contract.
- Any waiver by Navboys Ltd of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of the Contract by the Buyer shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and shall in no way affect the other terms of the Contract.
- The parties to the Contract do not intend that any term of the Contract shall be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of the Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- All communications between the parties about the Contract shall be in writing and delivered by hand or sent by pre-paid first class post, recorded delivery, fax or email:
- (in case of communications to Navboys Ltd) to its registered office or such changed address as shall be notified to the Buyer by Navboys Ltd or
- (in the case of the communications to the Buyer) to the registered office of the addressee (if it is a company) or (in any other case) to any address of the Buyer set out in any document which forms part of the Contract or such other address as shall be notified to Navboys Ltd by the Buyer.
- Communications shall be deemed to have been received:
- if sent by pre-paid first class post or by recorded delivery, two days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and bank and public holidays) after posting (exclusive of the day of posting); or
- if delivered by hand, on the day of delivery; or
- if sent by fax on a working day prior to 4.00 pm, at the time of transmission and otherwise on the next working day; or
- If sent by email (in the case of a communication to Navboys Ltd to: firstname.lastname@example.org) on a working day prior to 5.30 pm, at the time of transmission and otherwise on the next working day.
- Communications addressed to Navboys Ltd shall be marked for the attention of the Managing Director.