Please choose the units you require the outside of the vario to be marked in - knots or m/s. The units of the LCD display's navboxes are configurable in the settings.
The S3 makes an ideal vario for a basic club glider setup but is also used in conjunction with the S3 UPS Backup Battery by some competition pilots as an effective backup electric vario (often instead of a mechanical vario) should the glider's power supply fail.
Standalone digital vario meter with speed to fly • Standard dimensions - 57 mm diameter (2¼)” with depth only 50mm • Extremely bright 2” (5 cm) colour display readable in all sunlight conditions with the ability to adjust the backlight • One rotary switch (knob) with push button function is used for input • Pre-loaded polar database for almost all gliders • Mechanical needle driven by stepper motor indicating vertical speed • Many custom audio settings • 100Hz sampling rate for very fast response • Internal speaker • Power input 6-16 V DC • Power consumption typical 110mA • Weight 156 g
- High accuracy (cm) variometer and altimeter.
- Preloaded almost all glider polars
- Fast manipulation an settings with one rotary knob
- Display of 3 different values (set by user)
- ARM processor
- Mechanical needle driven by stepper motor
- QVGA (320*240pixels) sunlight readable display
- Digital temperature compensated altitude pressure sensors
- Smooth audio output
- Integrated speaker
Input and output
- Rotary knob with push function for Mc,Bal,Bugs and other settings
- Audio output
- Serial RS232 input/output (for firmware updates and rear seat repeater)
- S3D - rear seat repeater (Simple installation with only one plug, with ability to adjust vario volume also from rear seat)
- 95mA-135mA at 12V depending on LCD brightness, without audio
Size and weight
- 60mm x 60mm x 50mm
- Weight: ~156g