- Compact size, low weight – takes minimal panel space, only 74mm deep
- 8.33 and 25 kHz channel spacing
- Unique ‘Push Step’ feature provides the ‘fastest in class’ frequency selection
- Dual watch – monitor two frequencies at the same time
- High Power Output – designed for 28 volt systems
- 16 Watts Nominal Output
- Manual dimming feature (adjustable backlight)
- Dual Control – two controller option for tandem cockpits
- Simple Installation
- EASA ETSO and FAA TSO certification
- Free European Minor Change approvals
- Unbeatable value and quality – designed and manufactured in the U.K.
- Two year worldwide warranty
With a crisp clear display and simple user interface the Trig radio benefits from some great features; ‘Dual Watch’ feature allows monitoring of two frequencies at the same time. There are 9 pre-set channel memories which are easily selectable. The radio can integrate with popular GPS units; this allows the automatic display of en-route radio frequencies (uses industry standard SL40 protocol). The radio also has a built-in two place intercom with an aux-input, saving further cost and weight.
The innovative use of a control head and separate radio hardware unit provides more installation options, especially when space is at a premium. The control head can be conveniently mounted in a full 57mm (2 ¼”) round hole or even smaller compact mount. Fitting is straightforward, and once installed the depth of the radio control head is only 74mm (3”). In practice this means that the Trig TY92 control head can be located in an aircraft instrument panel where a ‘single box’ radio will simply not fit. The TY92 is the perfect comms partner to our TT22 or TT21 Mode S (1090 ES ADS-B Out transponders).
The TY92 is EASA ETSO and FAA TSO approved so it can be used worldwide. For customers who do not require 8.33 channel spacing this feature can be disabled, allowing speedy selection between 50 kHz and 25 kHz spacing. This enables rapid change of frequency whilst providing fine tuning in 25 kHz steps if required.
The TY92 Trig radio two place intercom is optimised for use with standard aviation headsets – a number of adjustments allow the radio to be used successfully in noisy aircraft. The TY92 also has a built in speaker amplifier that can drive an external speaker, this is preferred by some glider pilots. If using a dynamic microphone with a Trig radio please note an amplified adaptor will be required.
All Trig products come with a two year warranty, supported by our global network of Approved Trig Dealers and Approved Trig Service Centers in the U.S. and Australia.